Geological engineering and geophysical engineering surveys
Geological engineering surveys
Geological engineering surveys are the part of engineering geology research focused on considering of geological conditions of proposed sites of different industrial and civilian projects.
Some undesirable constructive changes might appear as a result of interaction between the structure being designed and environment. Forecasting of these changes is the essential point of geological engineering surveys.
Scope and content of geological engineering surveys are determined by the degree of complexity and level of knowledge of natural conditions of the proposed site region and project purpose. Geological engineering surveys are regulated by construction code SNiP
The structure of geological engineering surveys comprises:
- field inspection of the facility being considered;
- shaft-sinking and tunneling — geological engineering wells drilling by various methods: with earth auger, air-leg rock drill (blowing down or washing), rotary-percussion drilling using pneumatic percussion tool;
- thermometric measurement in permafrost sections;
- soil testing by static probing and rotary cut method.
Examples of integrated geological engineering surveys.
Geophysical engineering surveys
Geophysical engineering surveys are the part of geological engineering research within all stages of its performing (design, detail documentation).
Geophysical engineering surveys are necessary for specifying the data recieved by geological drilling. It increases the information value of geological engineering surveys.
The essential geophysical engineering techniques
- Exploration seismology,
- electrical exploration,
- ground-penetrating radiolocation.
Within geological and geophysical engineering surveys Ingeocom LLC accomplishes the following tasks:
- Study of landslide processes, mapping of soil sliding surface, detection of landslide foot thickness and depth, ground-water level, humidity testing of soils;
- Study of karstic processes, geological and geophysical attributes of conditions within the karst rocks forming areas, detection of karst cavities with different fillings;
- Study of physical parameters and lithological profiles of upper part of the geological section including the areas of permafrost;
- Detailed study of country rocks at highway bridge crossings, oil and gas main pipelines, sections of pipelines underwater crossings, areas of designing industrial and civil constructions;
- Detection of thickness of motor roads and construction sites filled-up ground;
- Detection of soil bearing capacity and dynamic response.